- 300g Plain Flour
- 135g Cold Salted Butter
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 Tsp Calabash Nutmeg Powder (Wide3 Aba) or Nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp/30ml Evaporated Milk
1. Sift flour, baking powder, caster sugar and calabash nutmeg into a bowl.
2. Add the cold butter and using the finger tips, rub the butter into the flour until well incorporated and looks like breadcrumbs.
3. In a cup, add the egg to the evaporated milk and whisk together.
4. Make a well in the flour mixture and add the liquid egg and milk mixture.
5. Mix and fold in until you have a dough.
6. Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Roll out to about an 1/2 an inch thickness.
7. Using a pizza cutter/knife/scissor cut the dough into cubes or strips or whatever shapes you like.
8. Place the cut dough on a lined baking tray.
9. Preheat the oven to 200oC and bake the dough for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. One tip I use to make it crunchy and crisp is to leave it in the warm oven after baking (with the oven off).
10. Remove from the oven, allow it to completely cool down and store in an airtight jar.
11. Enjoy as a snack, pair it with tea or any drink of your choice.